Re: [Tigers] pulley

To: 'Tigers' <tigers@autox.team.net>, rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] pulley
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:35:08 -0800 (PST)
In 1972 I bent my crank pulley and I couldnt find one. I went to junk yards
first (DUH) and then to Ford dealers but I didnt have any parts numbers OR have
any idea where to get such a thing. Back the Im not sure TE/AE had started for
long and if they had it was Tiger Tom and the Pa. boys and of course I had
never heard of CAT. I ended up taking the pulley to a machine shop and some
senior guy gave it back pretty much fixed. It was bent to the point the belt
wouldnt stay on. A set of aluminum ones just sold on ebay- Jim from Las Vegas
had them made when he raced a Tiger. I was prepared to pay top dollar but laid
down and slept thru the auction. Together the two auctions brought $164.50. I
know thats expensive and I didnt get a bid in, so no telling what I would have
paid. I was thinking how good they would look polished up and that you cant
find them. The water pump pulley can be swapped out for the emaller diameter 3
grove Im told. It aligns up and
 turns the pump more rpms than does the stock pully and if you add AC then you
prolly need the extra groove. I have one but have never tried to fit it. I dont
have overheating problems with my present engine. This is really interesting to
me becuse of the replacemnt parts being available. It would be nice to know
there is one we can use. Thanks Ron for all your work.
TtT