[Tigers] Panel Bond

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Tigers] Panel Bond
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:26:55 EST
Hello,

The last time (2000), I had my Tiger stripped to bare metal and  painted, the
tin worm had eaten into new rockers installed in 1979.

On the recommendation of the body shop, an Owens Corning (I believe)
adhesive was used to patch in the new metal instead of welding. His point was
that
welding flux, like rust, never sleeps. I can tell you that so far, it has
worked perfectly. The advantage is that you can rust-treat the edges and faces
of
the new metal and patch it in. Claims are "as strong or stronger".  Warranty
is "life-time". Of course, not having read the fine print, is that me  or the
car?

Anyway, there is more than one way to "skin a cat"................

Best regards,

Jim Armstrong
steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)