Re: [Tigers] "Queens English" Car Show So.Cal. March 8th,

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "Queens English" Car Show So.Cal. March 8th,
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:47:46 -0800
Tom, and Tigers,

Thanks, Tom, for the "heads-up".  This has always been a favorite venue
for me.  It was attended by Carroll Shelby, Jay Leno (exhibiting a car
from hi collection, and many British car owners - Tigers and Alpines
were in plentiful.

You can exhibit your car for a nominal fee, and enter the contest.
Sunbeam and other marques had their own sections.

This event had been canceled for many years when the City of Los
Angeles, whose park it is, decided amateur exhibitors must provide
liability insurance.  Looks like that order was either rescinded, or an
"angel" was found.

It's free to see, if you park in the lot, instead of the grassy exhibit
area.  Otherwise an entry is $15 for one car being exhibited. Go early,
get good parking in either area.

See it, and exhibit, if you can.  Got Carroll's Signature last time we
both were there. (Charity Donation expected).

My car at 1999 exhibit, and Santa Monica Airport British Car Day (with
good music)

 http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/laifman_s/default.asp

and (with music, too) at:

http://www.tigersunited.com/articles/sl-mc/SteveLaifman.asp