Re: [Tigers] Mk1 vs Mk2 shifters

To: Tony Someone <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk1 vs Mk2 shifters
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 01:51:15 -0800 (PST)
Recently there have been a couple of supposed Tiger shifters on epay. I
contacted the seller, claiming that Hurst still sells the shifters and new
where as cheap as his used. I was talking pure speculation in all
truthfullness.
In 1972 when I bought my first Mk1A, it needed a clutch bad and soon the
shifter was hanging up. I sought a Hurst shifter. The book listed two and I
was 19, I was as green as you could be concerning Tigers- Heck, Sunbeams
peroidd. Although I did have a teacher in military school who drove a Singer.
The shifter didnt bolt up. So, we used the mounting plate along with the stock
mounting plate and cut the shift hole to fit the new shifter position. I think
I may have purchased a Mk2 Hurst shifter. I still have that shifter and Im now
wondering if those with the proper parts books can shed any light on the
subject. Did all Tigers have the same shifter and or if so, did they perhaps
have a different mounting plate. I know there was a difference in close ratio
trannys but that means nothing shifter wise. Anyone with information or
opinions, please give the list a new subject.
Thanks to all.
 Im planning on traveling to Suni, so Im looking forward to having faces to
match names.
warmly,
TonytheTiger