Re: [Tigers] This one may be a goner!

To: <MWood24020@aol.com>, <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] This one may be a goner!
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:53:54 -0700
Mike,

It's a bit worse than the listing shows!

I just got home from a drive up to Buttonwillow to look at that Tiger. While
I was there, an Alpine owner named Ron from Bakersfield also stopped in to
eyeball the action.

I'd talked to the owner last week and he told me the hit he took was hard
enough to convince him that any future races will never again be in a
convertible.

The front suspension/crossmember is so mangled that I could not find a
single useable piece, including spindles and control arms. The passenger
side firewall is crushed so badly that its height is about 8 inches
different than the driver's side. The exhaust pass through heights seem to
be about 3-1/2" different. Both doors are shot. The passenger side "A" post
is a mess. I don't think there's anything forward of the firewall that
survived the crash in useable condition. And I'm not sure how useable the
firewall is. Also, It'll need a right side quarter panel.

There were a bunch of boxes piled inside the car so it was hard to inspect
the upholstery much less inspect under the dash. The steering column might
be OK. No one knows the condition (bent? or broken?) of the rear end.

I think whoever titled this thread, "This one may be a goner!" ...was quite
the optimist.

Buck Trippel