Re: [Tigers] Ebay "Bent" Sunbeam (other questions)

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ebay "Bent" Sunbeam (other questions)
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:31:19 -0700
Thom,

It is done, and accepted, all the time.  I just saw my son's Alpine IV
front fender on a Tiger I saw at Woodley.

In your case they were both stated to be Tiger's. So repairing either,
or both, of them with Alpine body parts would be acceptable.  I have
seen Tiger's with Chevy engines TAC'd.  For convenience and cost, I
would pick the rear-ender over the front as it is easier to repair, and
has done less damage to structurally critical items.

I think the criteria would be stated, "It's OK as long as the chassis
rolled off the Tiger assembly line."

Recall the old Ax story. "This here is the same old ax me granpaw used
ta use.  'course it's had 5 new handles and 3 new heads, but it's still
the same ol' ax."

Steve

___
Steve Laifman