Re: [Tigers] dry ice

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] dry ice
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:13:09 -0600
I haven't done it myself but an acquaintance who was building a roadrace
car used this trick to get the sound deadener out of his car. I was
there while he was doing part of it and I learned to stay out of the way
of the pieces...
If it's just a thin layer of gravel-guard type undercoating that is in
the car then it probably won't shatter with a hammer as suggested by
Mark (the sound deadener definitely does, though) but it will become
hard enough that you can use a lot of force and chip the pieces out.

Theo