[Tigers] PowDer coating removal

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] PowDer coating removal
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:10:36 -0700 (PDT)
Found this on the web, will give it a try, I have used it on gaskets and works
well, see how it does on Powder coatings.

[quote]
The easiest and cheapest
way to remove paint and powder coating is with gasket remover. The product we
use in our shop is Permatex Gasket Remover (item #80646). It comes in a 12
ounce aerosol can which is more than enough to do even large projects like
engine cases. It is available from most auto parts stores. Other products,
such as Zip Strip. paint remover, may also work, but the Permatex product is
what we have had the most success with.

Simply spray on a liberal coating to
the part you are trying to strip, and wait 10-15 minutes. Be sure not to get
any on areas that you do not want stripped. Make sure to wear eye and skin
protection as it can irritate both.After 10-15 minutes, the powder coating
will bubble and peel. Wipe off the gasket remover and loosened powder coating
with a disposable rag. You may need to reapply as some areas will be missed
the first time.
That's it! Your part should be stripped down to the bare
metal. Make sure to wash with wax and grease remover before you try to
repaint.
[end quote]

Chemicals to the rescue...