Re: [Tigers] non-Tiger/Carbon Fiber

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] non-Tiger/Carbon Fiber
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:01:54 -0700
Actually this is more "car" related than you think.  I too have considered
the same theory and, might I add, with considerations to my Tiger. I would
tend to go the way of Theo that the saturation of the loose fibers gave
better bonding.  Sort like the difference between setting bricks with a
standard joint verse a 1/16" joint.

Oh, and yes, been there done that.  My son was in Science Fairs from the 5th
grade. Each year he placed at the County level and received special awards.
Except 7th grade, he only got one special award, and did not place. Rather
disappointed he persevered.  In 8th grade, he won 1st at the County and
received three special awards. Advancing to the State finals he won 1st
place in the Aerodynamic/Hydrodynamic category!
 All this starts in the kids originating school. The irony is that year in
our little home school group there were only two contestants at his grade
level. My son placed 2nd, or effectively last, - then won 1st at the State.
:-)  All the best in the adventure.  It was always as exciting as it was
trying.
Tom