Re: [Tigers] Need a favor

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Need a favor
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:44:47 +0000
Do you have access to another Tiger or Alpine ?

I had your same problem. I measured another car from
bottom of badge point to lower edge of truck lid and from right
side of badge to right side of trunck lid.

Then I took a 1/2 thick piece of pine about double the
size of the badge. Put badge on it and marked badge prongs
on wood then drilled the wood out and taped badge in place
on wood. Put wood on trunk lid and position properly
with measurements then using wood clamp clamped wood down.
Remove badge and using the holes you put in wood as a template
drill through trunk lid. Put the prong clamps in the new trunk lid
holes and insert badge. If I recall properly the hole through
metal is 3/16" to hold the clips correctly. Rick at SS had
the answer, run that past him before you drill metal.

Steve
B9473720