Re: [Tigers] Brake cylinder

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake cylinder
From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:19:17 -0400
At 02:56 PM 6/1/2009, CoolVT@aol.com wrote:
 >Does anyone know which other vehicle uses the same  brake cylinder as the
 >Tiger?  I thought it was a Triumph of some kind or is  that brake pads?  I
 >need a small part and can get it locally if it matches  an MG, Triumph,
etc.
 >Ask for a Tiger part and the counter person's  face turns into a question
 >mark.

Working from memory here, but I believe that all
Alpine I through 4 and all Tigers share the
Girling brake system with that used in the
Triumph TR4A, TR250, and TR6.  The Alpine V, save
for very late production, shared its brake system
with the German Ford Capri I's of the 1970 vintage.

Any shop worth its salt will have an old copy of
the Lucas catalogue that will tell all.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!