[Tigers] Windshield wiper blade refills

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Tigers] Windshield wiper blade refills
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:16:07 -0600
I recently had my drivers side (LHD) windshield wiper blade shred on me when I
got caught in the rain.

Having gone down to the chain auto parts stores, they barely even sell just
replacement blades anymore, thier only choise for that is a cut it yourself
universal blade.

The universal blade is what i would expect for replacing a standard windshield
wiper blade, but my Tiger seems to be expecting a much smaller blade
configuration.

In the universal blade replacement, I believe it has a narrow channel for
holding a metal stiffiner, a larger channel for sliding on to your winshield
wiper, followed by the blade portion itself.  The remaining blade on my tiger
appears to not be that thick and when trying to slide the universal blade on
it is obviously too thick to make it down to the channel where it is suppose
to hold on.

I'm not sure if the wipers are original or 'original looking'  But was this
blade configuration used on a more common british car I could give to the
parts counter guy as thier eyes just roll back up into thier head when I say
'Sunbeam Tiger'.

Thanks,
Steve