Re: [Tigers] brake fluid - Types

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] brake fluid - Types
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:33:31 -0400
Interesting. Folks, the wonderful world of cut and paste into a plain
text editor seemed to have replaced the "degree" symbol with a zero. Not
kewl.

Here is what they should be. Also, I misspelled one term, glycol-based
brake fluid is hyGroscopic. Too early on a Monday.

Brake Fluid Rating      Dry boiling point               Wet boiling
point
DOT 3                   205C (401F)             140C (284F)
DOT 4                   230C (446F)             155C (311F)
DOT 5                   260C (500F)             180C (356F)
DOT 5.1                         270C (518F)             191C (376F)

And as for you Dr. Mayf, tungsten doesn't melt until over 3420C (3693K),
so there!

Here is a chart just for you:

Brake Fluid Rating      Dry boiling point               Wet boiling
point
DOT 3                   478K                                    413K
DOT 4                   503K                                    428K
DOT 5                   533K                                    453K
DOT 5.1                         543K
464K

Bugz