Re: [Tigers] brake fluid

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] brake fluid
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:15:28 -0700
Well, Guys and Gals,

The Factory Workshop Manual specifies Castro(l) / Girling Amber Fluid (LMA).

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsmP2.asp

I gather that ANYTHING is OK, as long as it's "Amber", like orange juice.

However, I contacted Castrol and was told the specifications for this
hydraulic fluid EXCEED DOT 4 and DOT 5.

I still have a can of it that came with the car.  I was able to buy pint
quantities from B.A.P. (British Auto Parts), and the like.  You should
definitely NOT use DOT 3.  And the British made original product does
NOT dissolve natural rubber.

If your brakes don't work under heavy use, or your seals disintegrate,
your using the wrong stuff.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman