Re: [Tigers] gas tank removal

To: "'kevin beck'" <kevinteresa.beck74@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] gas tank removal
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:20:50 -0400
Kevin
        Three tits, OMG. OK, I won't go there.   Sorry I worked a late shift
yesterday.

That is not the way to remove the sender or at least not the way I removed
it.  The locking ring has 3 ramps that gives it the downward force onto the
sender unit and gasket.   You have to gradually turn the ring counter
clockwise to disengage the ramps and remove.   Do not use a screwdriver on
the tabs, use a drive punch with a flat end to gradually move the ring.

I'm not sure if lubricant would help here.  The lube might swell the gasket
and put more force on the ring.(?)
Work slowly and try not to bend the tabs or shear them off.

Hope this helps.

Anyone do this job recently with a tip on removal?

Ron Fraser