Re: [Tigers] Intake manifold....carb boil.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Intake manifold....carb boil.
From: handy <handy@cruzio.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:23:51 -0700
Hi Duke,

I had the same problem and this is how I dealt with it. I took
modeling clay and made 2 one inch cones and set them on either side of
my air cleaner cover, and closed the bonnet. I opened the bonnet and
measured the cones to see how much clearance I had between the air
cleaner and the underside of the bonnet. It was 5/8". I then went to
the local auto supply and bought a 3/8" paper carb spacer and four
nylon washers to insulate the hold down bolts for the carb. I did this
so the heat would not transfer from the bolts to the carb. I should
note that I have bolts through the engine mounts to keep the engine
from twisting under the hood too much.

This worked for me.

Ross Handy
B382002129