Re: [Tigers] distributor

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] distributor
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:09:21 -0600
Looks like standard Ford hardware to me, from about '77 to '85 where
they used the Duraspark module.

I gutted one of these distributors and used the upper halfshaft, with
the reluctor, and the advance plate, inside an early style distributor
with a vacuum advance diaphragm mount. I wired it direct to my MSD6AL
and it worked great until the cam ate the distributor gear (no, it was
not a roller cam engine - just poor lubrication).

Theo