Re: [Tigers] SUNI

To: <bucktrippel@verizon.net>, Tigers Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] SUNI
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:51:11 -0400
Buck,

Forum? What Forum?

I didn't know CAT had a forum? I don't recall hearing about this before your
posting. It looks to be pretty new.

Overheating...

I found the comment of Tigers "puking" on the way to Mount Rushmore
interesting since a number of the cars I looked at in the Concours Show relied
only on electric fans for cooling and no mechanical fan or shroud or
anything.

I must be going for overkill, I last night I installed an electric fan in
addition to my Volvo fan

and I have a Fairmont water pump pulley waiting in the wings just in case my
other mods don't cool the beast.

Parts Theft...

Unfortunately as these cars get more valuable then there is more temptation
for unsavory characters. Hopefully what goes around...come around for that
individual.

And it happens in the Corvette world all the time. My dad recently asked to
use my pop rivet gun and some rivets. Evidently Corvettes from 1953 to 1960
used only philips screws to secure their VIN plates down and there has been a
rash of VINs wandering off from their vehicles. He also told me things like
gas caps, radiator caps, shifter knobs, radio knobs...basically anything of
value that can be quickly removed and pocketed...now seem to be going MIA at
shows.

I imagine someday people with stock Tiger air cleaners will put them in safety
deposit boxes and not on their Tigers out of fear of five finger discounts. I
think of that when I look at the stock tool kit I put together for my car
since it could easily grow legs and walk off.

Paul

> From: BuckTrippel@Verizon.net
> To: tigers@autox.team.net
> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:09:38 -0700
> Subject: [Tigers] SUNI
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm in the process of posting some of my SUNI pictures on the CAT Forum
site.
> Here're some links to the Pictures that are currently available:
>
> Going to SUNI http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=22
>
> SUNI Concours Pt I http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=24
> SUNI Concours Pt II http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=26
> SUNI Concours Pt III http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=27
>
> SUNI @ Mt. Rushmore http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=28
>
> Coming Home from SUNI http://www.catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=20
>
> I'll be away from the computer for a few days but will try to get the
Badlands