Re: [Tigers] distributor

To: "'Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)'" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] distributor
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:35:58 -0500
Owain, et al,

Many people believe the General Motors HEI four-wire module is the best
trigger for the DuraSpark II ignition, more dependable than the Ford version
and certainly way cheaper ($20 or so) than the MSD box.

Google something like "DuraSpark GM HEI" and you should get several
descriptions and wiring diagrams. One guy even hid one inside a Ford cover
so no one would know he was using a GM part!

Some of the ones I found very helpful are at
http://www.carbdford.com/tech/HEI/hei.htm, http://www.bronco.com/cms/node/25
and http://www.junkyardgenius.com/ignition/jeep/HEI01.html.

HTH,
A. C. Tynes