Re: [Tigers] I'll Be Dammed!

To: Buck Trippel <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] I'll Be Dammed!
From: spook01@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 03:36:18 +0000 (UTC)
uh. no.B

what happens is that there is a high pressure system at the rear of the
compartment, with another forming in front of the windshield.B  additionally,
a LOW pressure area forms over the center of the exterior of the hood at
speed, helping to lift the hood.B

the only venting that occurs is at the corners of the hood opening, withB air
INTAKE in theB center.B  slightB net loss of air flow out of the compartment.

air doesn't move in a straight line, and some of the findings of the manometer
were somewhat counter-intuitive.

if you guys re-read the shop notes from the late '70's and earlier, esp. on
called "the 200 degree panic", you will find there is nothing new being
proposed other than the new aluminum rads, and a more aggressive fan blade.B
and yes, we used sp oilers, too.

best,

rayB B B B