Re: [Tigers] Clutch pedal

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch pedal
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:56:42 -0400
Mark
        Your back on.

        My Alpine Parts list shows a brake pedal with 2 holes from Series II
and up.   This makes me think your pedal is not correct and has the wrong
shape which would throw all the movement off; but this is just my guess
right now.

        Removing the spacer might help but if the pedal is wrong it may not
help.   There are too many variables here.
The Master and slave have to be sized correctly to each other, the push rod
needs to be the correct length and the push rod need to attach to the pedal
at a point to give the correct throw.  I only include these because I don't
know the history of the parts on your car or if they have been changed
sometime in the past.

        I would probably make a simple bracket first to move the push rod at
the pedal towards the Master about 1/2" and see if the results were what I
wanted and expected.  I would use a block of wood or plywood to make this
bracket to see if this concept works correctly then if it does make one out
of steel or aluminum.

Ron Fraser