Re: [Tigers] Modern Driveline

To: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Modern Driveline
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:46:48 -0700
At 11:38 AM 7/28/2009, you wrote:
>Happened to see the following on Modern Driveline's web site:
>
>"Custom transmissions - One of our custom transmissions is a Ford
>World Class, front shift T5 that is ideal for Falcons, Hotrods, and
>2x4 5.0L Ranger conversions.  Custom solutions are created for
>applications behind Y-blocks and Flatheads."
>
>Has anyone checked with them about a Tiger T5 conversion shifter solution?

When he was still in San Jose, Bruce and I discussed partnering on
the tailhousing I was developing to fit the T5 into the
Tiger.  Discussions ended when he insisted that he would "own" the
tooling and I could buy from him.  I proceeded to complete my design
and development of my casting and kit and commenced production
several years ago.  I now have about 35 happy Tiger customers using
my MTE T5 kits.  My kit allows the T5 to be installed with a very
minor dent (reversable) in the tranny tunnel and the shifter exits
the OEM shifter hole.  It uses the OEM speedometer cable and this
exit is above the ATF level which reduces leakage problems.  The kit
was engineered to eliminate all of the problems and compromises
associated with the use of the AMC and S10 tailhousings.  It also fit
on the G-Force T5 transmission.  The kit is described on my web site
shown below, including installation procedures.  Bruce did build a
Tiger T5 several years ago for Pat King using a cut up Ford
tailhousing.  It is essentially the same as the one I built in the
early 90's for my med blue Tiger.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net