Re: [Tigers] Changing oil on an infrequently driven vehicle

To: "'Brad Huff'" <huffb@southslope.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Changing oil on an infrequently driven vehicle
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:46:14 -0500
Drive it like you stole it.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187

-----Original Message-----
From: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Brad Huff
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 12:25 PM
To: tigers@autox.team.net

What do you folks think about oil changes on cars that are not driven
regularly. I have had my Tiger stored and although I start it periodicaly it
has had very little run time on a Mobil 1 oil change. I have not driven the
car for quite some time, my free time did not allow for joy riding.  I just
got new tires for it so I intend to start driving the car. I changed the oil
several years ago but never drove the car. It literally has less than 1 or 2
hours running time on the oil change. The engine is a fresh rebuild so it is
not loaded with sludge. I have heard the talk about the need to change the
oil
based on the time that has passed but with a clean engine and synthetic oil,
wonder how important this is. Let me know what you think.-Brad