[Tigers] Early Shift Knob In Use

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Early Shift Knob In Use
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:23:22 -0700 (PDT)
"This information came straight out of one of the first  books to be
published on the Tiger, which was Bill Carroll's "Tiger: An  Exceptional
Motorcar."
I have the book and there is a chapter towards  the back that shows all
the running production changes that were known at that  time.  Sure enough, it
states that the first 56 Tigers came with the  Borg-Warner transmission.
If I remember correctly, the shifter and knob  were referenced, too, "

I have a copy of the Rootes film "Special Section" and there is film from
inside the car with Peter Harper driving  in the Monte Carlo Rally.  In some
shots you can see the shift knob.  The knob is definitely the "mushroom"
style.  If the rally Tigers were some of the first cars built they may have
used the Borg- Warner transmissions instead of the top-loaders.

                                          Jeff

                                 Jeff