Re: [Tigers] easy outs

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Clyde McLaughlin
Subject: Re: [Tigers] easy outs
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:11:26 -0700 (PDT)
A"quality high speed carbide bit" cant be bought at HF and it still isn't easy
work. Left hand drill bits are often the answer to removing a broken off stud,
bolt etc. but they too are often sold at a cheaper price and the old saying of
you get what you pay for does apply.When its possible and I read earlier heat
isn't allowed for this particular problem--My now passed on OLD machinest
neighbor taught me that when possible, welding a nut to the broken off object,
then turning it out with a wrench or socket works much better than an easy out.
Of course your ability to weld, the size of the broken item and where it is
located can be challenging.
TtT