Re: [Tigers] Stock Hard Top side trim

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Stock Hard Top side trim
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
The stainless trim can be "finessed" back into shape with careful light
"body
shop" metal work "hammering" followed by light filing and  then sanding with
progressively finer wet/dry
sandpaper and finished by buffing with the right
compound on a  cloth polishing wheel.  The stainless
wheel trim on my Mark II
was badly bent up when I bought the car, but
it now looks "as new."  Took me a
fair amount of time and patience...
but it was worth the effort.

Although I didn't follow the exact techniques in the following article, it is
one of many on the Internet describing how to repair stainless trim.

http://www.hotrod.com/howto/3401_stainless_trim_repair/index.html

Regards,

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI