Re: [Tigers] 1965 Tiger on Craigslist

To: <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, "'Beamclub'" <tigers@autox.team.net>, "'Cullen
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 1965 Tiger on Craigslist
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:51:56 -0400
        First off; this looks like a very nice Tiger no matter what.

        The engine must have been painted in the 70's too; should have been
painted black not blue.  There are also a couple other odd things on the
engine like the throttle linkage and the valve that looks like its in the
vacuum line to the servo or was I seeing things.

        If there is a problem with the engine I would look at that early
style distributor first thing, notice the oil port on the side.  They have a
terrible internal wear problem and replacement parts are slim.   A later
style distributor might cure some or all of the problem this engine might
have; I say this sight unseen so I could be wrong.

Ron Fraser