Re: [Tigers] overdrive toploaders

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] overdrive toploaders
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:42:16 -0700
Nathan,
 To distill down what I have found:
  Many feel the 2-3 ratio spread on the overdrives is too great.
 Some feel the lower 1st gear (3.29 especially) is too low.
 And some feel the .70 4th gear is too little RPM for hills etc..

 For one or all combined reasons the consensus I got was it wasn't a good
idea.  The Capri/Mustang transmission is called an SROD. The knock on it
(ratios aside) was that the shift mechanism wasn't very good.  Also, I
believed because the shifter was fixed, the location to the hole in the
Tiger tunnel wasn't a match (???).
  In the end it was recommended to either run a wide ratio Toploader of use
Tom Hall's kit and run a T-5.
As it has been note others (not a majority) have different applications and
for them the overdrive works.
Tom