[Tigers] Wiper wiring

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Wiper wiring
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:04:56 -0500
I need help with the wiring for the wipers, and the wiring diagram is of
minimal use.  The diagram shows four wires on the wiper motor: a green wire on
terminal 1, a red & lt. green wire on terminal 2, a brown & lt. green wire on
terminal 3, and a ground.  It shows the switch with two unlabeled terminal
plus a ground.

Now here is the problem.  I have three wires bundled together coming off the
motor - one is sort of red, one is sort of brown, and one is sort of green.  I
plugged the sort of red wire into the red/lt. green, the sort of green into
the green, and the sort of brown into the brown/lt. green.  The brown/lt.
green and red/lt. green wires are plugged into the grounded switch although
I'm not sure which terminals they should be attached to.

The wipers come on the minute I turn on the ignition and remain on no matter
what the switch setting.  In fact, the wipers remained on even after
unplugging the red/lt. green wire from the switch!  I had to unplug the green
wire at the motor to kill the wipers.  Needless to say, I've got it wired up
wrong and need help.

BTW, is this a one-speed or two-speed wiper.

Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite) - sold