Re: [Tigers] Amp Meter

To: <robin02@mindspring.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Amp Meter
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 18:02:10 -0400
Robin,
If I read you correctly, you disconnected your ammeter and inadvertently
grounded both of the (8 ga) wires which previously went to the ammeter.  And
both 'sparked' to ground.  The ammeter should have alternator connected to
one terminal and battery to the other.  If you ground (spark) the alternator
side to ground it shouldn't spark - assuming that the engine isn't running
while you're doing this.  Ground the battery side and it will 'spark'.  The
fact that both ammeter leads 'sparked' suggests to me that you somehow
bypassed your ammeter when you did your alternator install and that both
leads are somehow connected to the battery (and probably the alternator
too).  Check your wiring.

Will - B382001570
Will Seay wseay@embarqmail.com