Re: [Tigers] Forest Green

To: <Paul.Tonizzo@sybase.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Forest Green
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 07:22:55 -0400
Paul
         I don't think there is a web site for this.
You could ask at Dale's Restoration shop or possibly Doug Jennings.

Ditzler # for Forest Green #86 is 43313

Here are some comments I found that indicate you can call Ditzler/ PPG and
they will get you a modern equivalent.
---------------

The PPG Color Library has catalogues of colors going waaaay back. If you
give them the year make and model, they can look up any color and give to a
modern paint number to match, as well as the original paint code in PPG
paint.

PPG Color Library 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (weekdays) (440) 572-6100
Strongsville, OH

>From Jalopy Journal

We regularly get paint codes or their modern equivalents (called offsets)
for cars back into the early 30's thru the Ditzler Color Library. Have your
supplier phone them at 800-647-6050. Not sure they will give info to a
private citizen or if you have to be a shop but worth a try. For example, in
1931 Chev used a "Cellini Green" on wheels. Same color was used on '68 VW as
"Sumatra Green". If you have the color name and/or the application they can
likely help you.

>From AACA Forums

I have no idea if any of this information is current.  The comment are from
2002.

Ron Fraser