Re: [Tigers] FW: 289 heads

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: 289 heads
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:41:44 -0500
right on...and btw, in my post I said 170cc "chambers"...I meant 170cc "intake
runners"...that would be a big combustion chamber. BTW I mentioned the idea of
351W heads....but I have only seen this done really on a 302...has anyone ever
put them on a 260? I cant imagine why you couldn't...but the cam in the 260
would probably need to be pretty healthy to really justify it or benefit...and
my guess is if a person is going thru the trouble to modify their 260 to that
extent...they probably don't have a 260 in their Tiger at this point
anyway.....

One thing I have not seen mention until now is chamber volume. I don't know
about the cast iron heads but on the aluminum ones the volume can vary which
also can affect performance so that might also be something to check if
different on the 260,289,351w

Sandy