Re: [Tigers] Shocks DYI

To: djoh797014@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shocks DYI
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:52:17 EDT
I think, while you will have some damping and the results would be better
than a blown out shock, modifying a shock that is valved for a car that is
likely to weigh much more, have different spring rates and a different
ride/handling objective wouldn't be my first choice. Yes, it will "fit", but
that's just the beginning...so, I can't agree that "you can't go wrong".

The Koni has an effective compression/rebound force range to not  only will
work with the stock spring rate on the Tiger, but also with higher  rate
springs...at least the CAT front spring and Rob Guerra rear springs. Once
past that point, like some of the race springs Dale has made, you're into
sending the shocks to Koni for a revalve.

But, like I said, dampers are a personal choice and I can see, particularly
 coming from either tired Armstrongs or other shocks past their "sold by"
date,  how people are perfectly happy with any replacement that's in the
ballpark.

Mike

In a message dated 9/18/2009 4:39:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,