[Tigers] October C.A.T. meeting

To: "Tiger Email List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] October C.A.T. meeting
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:53:32 -0700
      Attention C.A.T. members and friends:

      A late addition to the C.A.T. calendar is our meeting on October 10.
8:30 breakfast meeting will be at Coco's Restaurant and Bakery, 1300 El
Sobrante Rd. Corona, CA 92879 (951) 371-3300. Located near intersection of CA
91 Freeway and Interstate 15.

      Breakfast will be followed by 10:00 a.m. tour of Tom Malloy's nearby
historic race car
      collection in Corona. Among many vintage and historic race cars, Malloy
owns the only running Gurney Eagle/Toyota GTP Mk III that dominated the IMSA
GTP series in the 90s, piloted by Juan
      Manuel Fangio III and P.J. Jones. Some other cars in collection include
the winning car, second & third place cars from 1981 Indy 500; 1932 Ford
Mooneyes ran at Bonneville; Ford GT-40; Lister Knobbly; Brabhams; several
Watson roadsters from 50's and 60's; Lolas; McLarens; several Millers from
30's; track roadsters; Eagles; etc. Over 40 cars in all. Also there is a Dick
Wallen memorabilia and extensive helmets collection.

      Tom has plans to develop a new race track on property northwest of
      Lancaster, to be called Fairmont Butte Motorsports Park and we will get
an
      update on that project.

      Mr. Malloy has requested that we not publish the address of the
collection,
      so directions will be provided at the breakfast meeting. Or email me for
directions if you can't make the breakfast meeting.

      Mike Michels