Re: [Tigers] Does it CRANK?

To: "'Smit, Theo'" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Does it CRANK?
From: "Lynn Wall" <cars@wt-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:02:40 -0600
Two additional thoughts:

First:
I suggested in my last post that A/F mixture can add to starting difficulty,
although remote.  An extreme lean condition can cause predetonation making
cranking difficult.  I had that occur to me in a Chevy 283 I ran in high
school.  This is the only time I have seen it.

Second:
To Theo's point as well.  Conductor size of the battery cable combined with
the heat, terminal cleanliness,  and other starting circuit issues
previously mentioned can SEVERELY compromise the starting ability.  This is
what I believe is Owain's problem.

By the way, I just got snow at my house.

Lynn (Veteran snow farmer)