Re: [Tigers] Brake Switch

To: 'Richard' <rcsphx1@cox.net>, 'Tiger List' <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Switch
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
Wayne and All- Over the years Ive had a few brake light switches fail. The
first couple was before silicone brake fluid was common and I always used
Castrol Girling Lima. So its my thoughts the switches are normal Lucas type
parts and even if manufactured by another supplier, having Lucas smoke running
thru the switch has to help it to deterioate.After going to silicone Ive had
one switch go bad BUT Ive always worried that it would fail anytime. With that
in mind Ive always thought about installing a mechanical switch but with
Waynes discovery that their is enough current to close a relay, I think it
gives us another option. Some may prefer to go mechnical but I like the relay
idea. If Wayne would tell us more about the relay, like where it was purchased
and any other information, even draw it up for the clubs newsletters and TU,
it would be a positive for us all as Im sure we are going to run out of spares
in time.
Cheers, TtT
PS- Theo this would be a good place to add your thoughts on a particular relay
etc.