Re: [Tigers] bench building my tiger

To: "Doornbos, Daniel" <daniel.doornbos@intel.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] bench building my tiger
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:11:42 -0600
I'm running the Retrotekspeed throttle body injection, and it's working
pretty well now. Their third-generation product is now being marketed by
Professional Products as an injection-only solution, and that's
definitely the best way to use it. I had problems with the timing
control provided by their engine management controller. That third-gen
system integrates all of the electronics into the throttle body assembly
too, so it's very tidy. However, I don't know how it would stand up to
the heat under the Tiger's hood.

I don't know how much firewall cutting would be required to put a
regular 5.0 EFI solution on. If the cutout has to extend far over the
valve covers (at least on one side) to clear the manifold plenum, then
it might be tough to justify going that way compared to a individual
throttle body setup on a Cobra style manifold.

The Edelbrock multiport setup might still have a tough height
requirement for the fuel rail and the injectors. I looked pretty hard at
modifying a 5.0 EFI manifold and it pretty much required drilling the
injector bosses deeper so that the fuel rails would fit underneath the
existing firewall cutout. This is even though the injectors are canted
inboard and angled forward and back.

Cheers,
Theo