Re: [Tigers] crossed wires

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] crossed wires
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:33:25 -0500
yep, all british cars require flashing orange indicators front and rear and
white 'side' lights that come on one stage prior to headlights along with
the rear red lights.  the side lights don't really serve any purpose but are
a legal requirement.

that's why the sunbeam is set up like this.  of course since US cars usually
have red indicators on the rear all-red lenses are available which maybe
look cleaner but would not be legal in the UK.  i've never seen any other
arrangement at the front other than the white side light on the inside and
orange flasher on the outside.

does anyone know if the US cars were sold from the dealer with all-red rear
plastic or if that is something that came along later?