Re: [Tigers] lights

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Bob Diehl <bob_diehl@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] lights
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:25:10 -0700 (PDT)
Surprisingly the gas tanks and fuel pipes don't seem to be prone
to fires.  Even Uncle Wally's rear ender (where the hit was so hard
that the motor mounts broke) didn't leak.  The tanks aren't exposed
with pintos or vegas, but are inside a metal cavity.  Pehaps  this
gives them some protection.

I have seen the results of a leaking fuel pump over the muffler.  The
fire burned the interior passenger compartment but not the outside
sheet metal.

Dave