[Tigers] Battery over flow

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Battery over flow
From: "Richard" <rcsphx1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 22:15:48 -0700
What would cause a new battery to over flow acid into the trunk?

  I installed a new Bosch battery in the tiger a couple months ago, and after
driving for a couple of week I noticed that is had spewed acid into the trunk
area. At first I thought that it was just a bad battery, so I went and picked
up another new Bosch battery and installed it a couple weeks ago and did not
have a problem until today, when it happened again.  Could an over charging
alternator cause the battery to "boil over".  Or is it possible that the
batteries were over filled and fluid was released on hard cornering?  We were
at the race track today, for some track time.  I do not have the amp gauge
hooked up so I am not sure right now of the battery amps or voltage.

Richard