[Tigers] charging question

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] charging question
From: "Richard" <rcsphx1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:41:58 -0700
'67 Tiger MKII alternator charging system.  I have made the tests that I found
on the internet (with some conflicting information) and have replace the
voltage regulator with a new one from NAPA.  Taking a base line reading on the
battery before the test I get 12.9 volts.  Ambient temperature this morning
was about 75 degrees.  When running at normal operation temperature and rpm's
at or above 1500 the battery voltage reads a consistent 14.8 volts, and at
idle dropping down to 14.5 volts.  Is this normal or is it considered an
overcharging condition?  If so what would be the likely cause, everything I
checked seems to be close to the specs I can find.

I can find no specs in the workshop manual as to what is nominal for this
alternator system.

Thanks for the help

Richard