Re: [Tigers] LAT 79 GrillZ?

To: Samouce's <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] LAT 79 GrillZ?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:20:04 -0800
Duke,

My LAT 79 hood has "expanded metal" grates on the carb intake, and the
two rear scoops, that are "glassed in" during manufacture, and not
removable without cutting the bonds.

There are lots of tricks on the installation/fit that have been covered
on the list, recently.

The following TigersUnited.com link:

<http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-body9.asp>

covers a lot of information on design and installation from names you
should know.  Very importantly, it covers the proper installation
fitting and hood hook settings to prevent "lock-up"

Some very good pictures of the OFFICIAL LAT CATALOG, including the hood,
are on TU.com:

 <http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_service/LAT-brochure.pdf>

Showing the "scoops" and mesh.

A "SEARCH" magnifying glass link on the page header will find most
anything you can spell.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman