Re: [Tigers] (Tiger) wheel clearance

To: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>, tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (Tiger) wheel clearance
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:40:06 -0400
Steve, Fred and all;

I have 15" X 5.5's wheels on the front of my Tiger - 15X6's on the rear.
I'm running 195/50 Yokohama tires on the front, and 203/50's on the rear.

LOTS of clearance, but then, I have stock, or close to stock ride height.

There are two problems with these low profile tires - they significantly
harden up the ride, good if you are heading to the track or parking lot
competitions, bad if you are setting up a daily driver. The better halves
generally don't like the buck-board ride.

Second, because of the larger footprint and generally much more sticky
rubber, it takes a lot more loud pedal to steer with the rear wheels. So not
as much fun being bad where you shouldn't.
(:O)

I have just about worn the front tires out, so I am going to try slightly
larger diameter tires this time around - perhaps 60's, and I don't think I
will have any clearance problems. There is a.lot of air over the tops of
both front and rear 50's. Since I also have 3:07's in the rear end, I will
drop a few revs at highway speed, another good thing for us road trippers.

Good luck with your tire choice and clearance  - please be sure and let us
know what you do and how it turns out.

Dave