Re: [Tigers] More Joy From Our Gov'ment

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More Joy From Our Gov'ment
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:21:53 -0800 (PST)
VP Racing, F/L, Sunoco Racing :)

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul R
Sheahan <sunbeamtiger@prodigy.net>
To: tigers@autox.team.net; Mark (GE Indust
ConsInd)Rense <mark.rense@ge.com>
Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 8:54:20 AM

Who is selling fuel with no
ethanol?

Paul
Paul R Sheahan

"Live every day as if it were your last"
"Get
busy living or get busy dying"

--- On Tue, 12/1/09, Rense, Mark (GE Indust,
ConsInd) <mark.rense@ge.com>

From: Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)
<mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: [Tigers] More Joy From Our Gov'ment
To:
tigers@autox.team.net
Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 11:30 AM

I don't know
about you, but my Tigers don't like E10 fuel, now we will
be faced with E15
before too long. This is all due to the corn ethanol
industry lobbying to bail
themselves out of financial trouble.

EPA Notifies Industry Group on Status
of Ethanol Waiver Request

Release date: 12/01/2009

Contact Information: Deb
Berlin, berlin.deb@epa.gov, 202-564-4914,
202-564-4355

WASHINGTON - The U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today
announced that it expects to make
a final determination in mid-2010
regarding whether to increase the allowable
ethanol content in fuel.

In a letter sent today to Growth Energy - a bio
fuels industry
association that had asked EPA to grant a waiver that would
allow for
the use of up to 15 percent of ethanol in gasoline - the agency said
that while not all tests have been completed, the results of two tests
indicate that engines in newer cars likely can handle an ethanol blend
higher
than the current 10-percent limit. The agency will decide whether
to raise the
blending limit when more testing data is available. EPA
also announced that it
has begun the process to craft the labeling
requirements that will be
necessary if the blending limit is raised.

In March 2009, Growth Energy
requested a waiver to allow for the use of
up to 15 percent ethanol in
gasoline, an increase of five percent
points. Under the Clean Air Act, EPA was
required to respond to the
waiver request by December 1, 2009. EPA has been
evaluating the group's
request and has received a broad range of public
comments as part of the
administrative rulemaking process. EPA and the
Department of Energy also
undertook a number of studies to determine whether
cars could handle
higher ethanol blends. Testing has been proceeding as
quickly as
possible given the available testing facilities.
You are subscribed
as sunbeamtiger@prodigy.net