Re: [Tigers] 260/289 Connecting rods

To: <spmdr@juno.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 260/289 Connecting rods
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:39:12 -0500
DW
        It is very possible that when Ford updated the 260 block to the 7"
mount pad and 3 freeze plugs, Jan 1963, that the C2OE-A con rod was changed
to the 289 C3AE-D con rod.   The T15KL, the first Tiger engine group, Aug
15, 1963 is the 1964 Ford model year.  1964 is the year indicated for the
change to the C3AE-D rod.   The T15KL engine group is the only group I think
might have the early rods but I have no direct knowledge about this engine
group or it's components.

Do you have any experience with any of the T15KL engine group?   It would be
interesting to know that none of the Tiger engines had the early C2OE-A rod.

Ron Fraser