Re: [Tigers] direction of oil flow through filter

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] direction of oil flow through filter
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:09:55 -0800
About 20 yrs ago I installed a nice compact remote oil filter block adaptor
which was part of a kit including the filter mount. I got it thru a second
party and didn't get the installation instructions. Long story short.. no
oil pressure, wiped bearings, ruined cam etc. Complete rebuild.
The adaptor was labeled "in" and "out" which I thought meant in to the
engine and out to the filter. Wrong! The manufacturer meant into and out of
their expensive remote filter mount.
I believe it was one of these pieces:

http://www.landlproducts.com/details.aspx?cID=9&BP=0&scID=0&ItemID=1020

I see they are now stamped with arrows indicating correct oil flow.
Lesson learned: check & double check... never assume anything.

Bob H