[Tigers] Cooling, Redux

To: Jeff Eakin <jeff.eakin@comcast.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Cooling, Redux
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:16:28 -0800
Jeff,

It is fairly prominent in the bottom menu of each page under the tab
"Tech Tips & HOW-TOs" under the title "Cool It, Buddy".  Also, the use
of the "SEARCH" feature in the top bar of every page (Magnifying glass
labeled "SEARCH") will find most anything on the site.  Here is the Cool
It, Buddy" illustrated article with the patterns.

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanValance1.asp

These are the detailed steps, along with lots photographs and patterns,
used to solve my desert hot summer drives (up-hill) in the Los Angeles
"Valley" (where the girls are!)

I am using a four row brass radiator core that fits the stock end tanks,
and has a very high tube and fin density.  Hardly ever use the manually
switched pusher fan. It was made by Modine special order department
through a radiator shop.

"Modine Special Order Manufacturing Division (ONLY) "Special High
Efficiency Core" Cross flow. 18 1/2 W x 15 1/2 H (stock). Four parallel
rows of 5/16 tubes on 3/8 centers, 36 tubes/row, each 3/8 inch deep by
0.080 wide externally. 14 fins/per inch fin density."

No need for over-sized aluminum radiators.  This fits the stock shroud.

I have cc'd the group, as this is a common issue that I have solved in 2001.

Good Fortune,

Steve

___
Steve Laifman