[Tigers] Rocket Scientist [Off tiger topic]

To: slaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: [Tigers] Rocket Scientist [Off tiger topic]
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:48:52 -0800 (PST)
Steve -

Late to the Rocket Scientist discussion but I love all that stuff! I
had been up to the facilities a bunch of times for, get this, a Fortran
Programming class. I think they were working on sodium pumps or something like
that (been a long time). When my brother lived in Texas years later I had done
a tour of Johnson space center and took the tour, then they just let out out
and walk around and do you own thing, any where that was not locked I'm sure
that has all changed. All the stuff was still like the movie sets of Apollo
13. Cool stuff. I have some old press kits from Rocketdyne about the space
shuttle before it was finished. I'll have to dig that up, lots of cool pics of
the propulsion systems too.

An era of innovation gone bye. Now if I could
find one of those old Rocketdyne white jumpsuits ;)

Good stories thanks all
for sharing.

Sandy