Re: [Tigers] Thanks to all for the great ideas. Re my few unrelated

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, David and Varley Tweddle
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thanks to all for the great ideas. Re my few unrelated
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:11:57 -0800 (PST)
Theo- Ive always refered to the by pass as the "heater by pass hose". So, am I
correct in thinking when you plugged your by pass the heater no longer would
work if it was cold weather and I wanted heater on?For whatever unknown
reason, my car runs cooler than even a stock 260 and although it is a 289 with
a mild cam it runs to cool in the winter. I havent changed the thermostat
since I bought the car, I did change out the heads to some larger valve 289
heads w/ screw in studs and a bit of port work.The car came from AZ. and Im
certain the PO had all work done shop wise, including rebuilding the engine.
Im not complaining how cool it runs in the summer- in hot weather, stop and go
in the city, it will show its capable of warming up but not as much as
previous higher HP engines did.Over Thanksgiving I drove to WVa from southern
IL and on the way home, I had to put cardboard in front of the radiator to
stay warm- w/ a hardtop and a few air leaks. It wasnt
 running hot enough to be at suggested temps for best performance- 170 degrees
at 70 plus mph and maybe below freezing temps outside,during the night. I plan
on checking the thermostat when I do some pre-spring work, just to see what
temp it is and IF it is stuck open, working properly etc. Thanks for
responding to the bypassing the heater question beforehand.
Tony