Re: [Tigers] Thanks to all for the great ideas. Re my few

To: "Scott Hutchinson" <shutchin@netjets.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thanks to all for the great ideas. Re my few
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:23:09 +0000
When my current engine build was completed, (bored and stroked 289 to 331 cu
in) with all stock cooling apparati in place, the engine ran quickly on initial
start-up to 225F and beyond.

A serious cooling study by two members on this list indicated that closing off
the by-pass from the water pump to the block dropped the coolent temp by some 5
deg F, so I tried it.

It made no discernable difference, but then, at the temps it was running, who
knows?

My cooling problems didn't really get resolved until I added a large alloy rad,
blocked off the horn holes and added a small spoiler, a large electric pusher
fan with a shroud, and a modern 14" mechanical fan.

So unless you have an overheating problem that is nearly cured and you want to
fine tune it, I wouldn't bother.

If you have a serious problem, you will have to do the big mods to get the big
results.

-Dave
B382000450